Facebook is undoubtedly the most popular social networking site in operation, thanks to more than two million users around the globe. Most of the times, we post things on Facebook in hope that others will like and comment on them, and if not all, some will definitely share with others. Getting comments and shares on posts on Facebook is essential, especially if you have a business page or are working for a cause. Here are six very well tested ways of getting maximum exposure through likes and shares.
- Post valuable and relevant things: Unless you have posts that are substantial enough to create a stir among the users, shares and likes are a distant dream. No matter whether you posting on a page or your own profile, a post should be purposeful and truly in line with the requirements of the intention. The choosier you are with the things you post, the better is response.
- Tag more people: Although there is a limit to the number of people you can tag in a post, tagging is often useful. A tagged person or page’s profile will show your post, and more people from their list will check, like, comment and share the content. Now, it is important to understand the difference between abusing and tagging. Many pages and people hate tagging, and while choosing pages and people to tag, make sure you are choosing the relevant options.
- Be more conversational: Unless you have a connection with the readers, it is almost impossible to get them to like or comment on a particular post. Rather than saying or writing, post messages and questions that will invite and engage users to comment and like. Words in a post should be limited but should cause an action or response among those reading, so that they intentionally choose to comment and share.
- Post in the morning and evening: Most of the times people come online early in the morning or in the evening after work. Posts that are made during both times, it is more likely that you will get more comments, likes and shares in a limited span. However, this mainly works when you are dealing with a local section of the market. Targeting global customers would require more frequent posts. Of course, it is equally important to post during the weekends.
- Facebook commenting on blogs: For bloggers, it is important to allow comments on the blog via Facebook login. Today, people don’t have the time to get registered for each blog or website they like. So, enabling commenting and liking via Facebook is recommended for all admins. Also, make sure the Facebook page for your blog/business is updated regularly for directing traffic and getting more shares and like.
- Post questions: While most of the times posts leave people cold, questions always revoke some reaction. Depending on the niche and requirements of a page, always make sure to encourage users to participate with questions. Simple and relevant questions always get more comments, shares and likes than regular posts. Since virtual communication is often scattered, having a question can spark a debate and engage more users.
Finally, do use the new ‘Promote’ option on Facebook for better advertising and sharing of posts for more likes, shares and comments.