Getting iPhone unlocked can be an expensive task when you choose to get to done by a professional. Thanks to some amazing options, you can now unlock iPhone 4 for free without any assistance and money. Before anything else, it is important to understand the purpose and function of unlocking. In simple terms, unlocking is the process of removing the SIM restrictions that is imposed by Apple and making the phone usable for any telecom service or carrier. Check the most tested and proven ways of getting the iPhone unlocked.
Factory Unlock: Official unlocking of iPhone 4 can be done with factory unlock, and it is essentially done by Apple’s data base. The company offers iPhones of this kind by adding the IMEI number of the phone to the list of the unlocked iPhones database.
This is one of the most permanent and easy options for unlocking, though often the new versions of iOS may not have factory unlocked devices. Many people choose this as the best option for unlocking iPhone 4 as there is no jailbreak required, so the phone’s warranty will be still intact. Phones that are unlocked using this method are completely official and cannot be locked again. However, it is pertinent to mention that factory unlock will not come for free, so better to check the other options.
Software Unlock: As the name suggests, software unlock is about unlocking iPhone 4 with software. Before you can use this method, you need to know the firmware version of your phone apart from the phone model. Here’s how you can unlock iPhone 4 using relevant software.
- The first step is to download the software. There are numerous options, so check for the one that suits the best.
- Move to the Springboard and launch the Cydia installer, which will display the main menu on screen. On the bottom part of the screen, you will find the Manage tab, which will be between the Changes tab and Search Tab.
- On the Manage Page, select the option ‘Sources’, where you can find a list of options. If the software repo for unlocking is shown, you can step ahead.
- In general, you may not find the software repo in the list. This is where you need to click on the Edit option next to Sources. There is an additional Add button where you need to add the source URL of the main unlocking software. Once you enter the URL, you will get an Add Source button and Cancel button. Just choose the Add Source button and the URL will be added.
- You will find that the screen has gone black after the source is added. Just check on the Return to Cydia button and press Done on the same page. Return to the Sources screen, and select the software’s URL as the source option.
- Now, you can find the repo page where you can choose the software’s name. On the right part of screen on top, you will find an ‘Install’ option, which needs to clicked and continued with the Confirm button.
- Finally, click again on the Restart Springboard button for completing the process.
It is advisable to use software or application for unlocking as it is much easier and cheaper to unlock iPhone 4.